Tuesday, September 8, 2026

 Lord, please,
 Melt my pride
 that i may abide
 In Your house forever 
 oh pure and joyful treasure!

I don't want a mansion of my own...
I want to live in Your home,
 but in Your home, this i know -
 The prideful may not go.
All other sins stem from pride,
 from exalting "self" way too high,
so break me in pieces that i may die
 to all that You despise
 that i may dwell forever inside
Your lovely, holy, House of the Wise

So destroy my pride
quite utterly 
I must confide
my heart is ugly
when i exalt me
and do what i please
Oh my Lord
may You increase
as my heart never ceases
to seek to decrease

May all that is "me"
make room for You
my living King

No comments:

Post a Comment

All are welcome to share thoughts, comments or questions.

 Lord, please,  Melt my pride  that i may abide  In Your house forever   oh pure and joyful treasure! I don't want a mansion of my own.....