Friday, November 20, 2009

There’s a rhythm and a flow
To our lives don’t you know
Like skipping stones on a quiet pond
The ripples of our days go on and on
And set in motion something fond

I can still bathe myself in the warm memories of my childhood
Memories grazing gently in the deep valleys of my mind
Where good thoughts grow, gentle sheep-thoughts
That wouldn’t hurt a soul, meek and kind
I can still feel the sun on the back of my neck
I look up to see the sky thick with sunbeams
That reveal the woodland pasture air alive with living things
Zipping and buzzing and busily going about their pre-ordained routes
Alive! Alive! The crunchy ground underfoot
The joy of discovery! A dead thing or a naked bug under a root
I love my childhood memories of discovery
(get Tiffy to the woods ASAP!)

Life is worth living,
Even a bug will strive to stay alive
From some deep urge it has inside



Psalm 8

No comments:

Post a Comment

All are welcome to share thoughts, comments or questions.

 Part two If we do not "cut off and cast away" during our times of Isolation  - that which displeases and offends The Lord, then H...