Friday, February 5, 2010

I was wounded in the house of my friends
In the place I let my guard down, where my heart was open
there it was I was hurt again

Oh you’d think the household of Faith
the living personification of Jesus would be the place
where love would be reality
and the norm would be forgiveness and Grace


But too often we find
Ourselves hurt time after time
By the ones we look to for light –
Our brothers and sisters in Christ.
They become the devil’s partners in crime
And the wrong battles they fight
They become like those who dwell in the dark
When love and forgiveness they fail to impart


How can these things be?
You cry as tears fall easily
How can the one I love hurt me in return?
How can I trust again oh when will I learn?


Oh my friend don’t lose hope within
Don’t stop loving because of their sin
Give to them that which you seek
Give them the gift of the lowly and meek
When they wound you - to them turn the other cheek



Then your love will be like The Fathers’
A love that loves His enemies
Then your love will reach farther
Than their hate will ever reach
And as the children of our Heavenly Father this you will learn –
To love without expecting or receiving love in return.


Zec:13:6
Mat:5:46&47









I once found myself at a very unloving church. They had formed cliques and if you weren’t on the inside you were largely ignored, treated as if it was your great privilege to be among them and you should just be thankful they allowed you to show up at meetings. I didn’t fit in. I used to go home and cry to The Lord, literally cry. One day He said this to me. Stop whining! Stop telling me how unloving everyone else is when you’re not loving them the way you expect them to love you! Now go back to them and love and serve them with all your heart. What a valuable lesson I learned, for this is how the Father loves! We must learn to love those who do not love us in return. It is only then we can love our enemies. All of us start out as enemies of the Father yet He still sent His Son and He still sends His Spirit. He is the purest example of Love we will ever know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All are welcome to share thoughts, comments or questions.

 Part two If we do not "cut off and cast away" during our times of Isolation  - that which displeases and offends The Lord, then H...