Sunday, April 4, 2010

I appreciate peaceful neighbourhoods
where people are basically decent and good
I appreciate the cities of refuge
where my children are safe from the deluge
of evil being spewed into the earth,
the filthiness of sins resulting from the curse
of living apart from Him.
I appreciate God’s gracious, Holy spirit
Protecting and resurrecting lost souls across our land
Introducing them to the only redemption known to man
The blood of the Messiah – Jesus of Nazareth
given so all mankind might be blessed
with Eternal Joy and happiness
I appreciate the earth and the sky
the things that grow and the things that fly
but not all things seem good to me
(nasty, crawling things, insects and weeds, I’d rather not see)
But when it’s raining real good
or I’m walking deep in a country wood,
I appreciate the peace of not doing anything but communing with You
I appreciate Grace given to an entire Nation
and preventing us from destroying ourselves like a cancer
from within by those who desire sin not salvation
I thank God for the sword of the Word
Slaying every man, woman, boy and girl
Spare not one that not one can say
“I never heard the Gospel of God in my days”
I appreciate Your people filled with Your Spirit
Reflecting who You really are
instead of following the religious spirit that illegally presents
itself as being You when it’s an impostor and a liar
I appreciate freedom for those who are bound
I appreciate the lost being found
And those with garments of heaviness now making a joyful sound
I appreciate blind eyes and hearts seeing clearly
Who alone loves them so dearly
So much He gave His only begotten Son
That they may be forever loved by Him when all is said and done
I appreciate the fact that God appreciates me
and has birthed me into His family
and that our friendship has survived all of my rebelling
I appreciate a pen and some paper to write this poem with
and that books in Heaven are being written about this
I appreciate You, Lord, loving me forevermore
I only want to do the same – I adore You and I love Your Name
I appreciate Prophets and prophecy
and I do wish more Pastors would appreciate me
I thank You, Lord for my ministry
And all that You have called me to be
I want to be poured out just as You are
That I too will glorify my Heavenly Father
And that Your great Name will be lifted higher and farther
than it ever has before –
May every knee bow and every tongue confess –
Jesus is our Righteousness
Without whom no man can know true Holiness.



Jer:23:6

No comments:

Post a Comment

All are welcome to share thoughts, comments or questions.

 Part three You kept your life for yourself, never sharing it with him (again i repeat: just going to a religious service once a week is not...