Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Birds are funny when they’re on the ground
Some kind of hobble or wobble around
Some dart or hop or flit
And a few just sit
But oh how different are they in my eyes
When they leap to the sky and they fly!
So graceful and free (like how I want to be)
Able to soar in Spirit to unreachable destinies
Not bound by this fleshly ground
But able to break free of sin’s gravity
That sometimes has such a hold on me
But with the wings of the Blood and my Testimony
I’m overcoming and I’m soaring above all that is fleshly
I’m making my nest in the Tree of Life
Cause religion strips souls of the ability to take flight

I saw a whole church of birds flappin’ their wings
And praising each other as they were admiring
How beautiful they were and that they could fly
but they never did no, they never did –
just sat there hoppin’ around in their pews
celebratin’ the good news
that Christ set them free to fly
Yet never stoppin’ to wonder why
They never do they never do
It’s like they all knew
What wings are for they’re for flying!
But they never got off the ground, never did soar
Oh my people there’s so much more!
An abundant life awaits, yet they’re dying.



Rev:19:17

No comments:

Post a Comment

All are welcome to share thoughts, comments or questions.

 Part three You kept your life for yourself, never sharing it with him (again i repeat: just going to a religious service once a week is not...