Saturday, June 19, 2010

Preventive Medicine

Don’t wait till I sneeze to bless me
Don’t wait till I bleed to tend to my wounds
Don’t wait till I’m dead to resurrect me
Must I fall sick for a visit from you?

Must there be an emergency?
Must there be some urgency for your love to shine through?
Can’t I have your visit when there’s no reason to visit at all?
Can’t love compel our friendship to go beyond those in the fall?
Can’t I have your friendship without having to call?

Preventive Spiritual Medicine
Is what the Body needs
To esteem the other more highly
And each other’s souls to feed
To Love unfeigned – Love fervently
This is our Joy – this is our key
To prevent sickness and disunity
From destroying the Body
The other’s burdens we carry

Too often we wait till it’s almost too late
And our brother’s fallen away
Let us look to the other
Let us love one another
That the Body will no longer know shame



2 Cor:6:6

No comments:

Post a Comment

All are welcome to share thoughts, comments or questions.

 Part three You kept your life for yourself, never sharing it with him (again i repeat: just going to a religious service once a week is not...