Tuesday, November 30, 2010

The Truth Hurts (part two)

The little boy approached with tears in his eyes
and as he began to sob, to heavily cry
he said "yes momma, I took the candy from the store
but momma, I won't do it no more"
And as his tears fell upon his shirt
his momma realized - The truth hurts

A husband bowed his head in obvious pain
for his heart was heavy and full of shame
He told his wife "yes, I committed adultery
but honey it's the worst thing to ever happen to me.
I'm sorry that I sometimes flirt"
and the look on her face told him - the truth hurts

The Saviour willingly carried a heavy cross
thinking not of himself but of the souls he'd lost
His bruised and bleeding body testified to all
he was willing to go anywhere the Father called
For upon him the Father laid our sins, our very worst
the most blessed of all became the most cursed
And as they nailed him to that cross in agony
it was easy to see -

The Truth hurt
He hurt for you and me
He hurt, for all humanity
He suffered and he died
For every little boy that cries
For every husband caught in adultery
The Truth hurt and suffered painfully

No comments:

Post a Comment

All are welcome to share thoughts, comments or questions.

 Part three You kept your life for yourself, never sharing it with him (again i repeat: just going to a religious service once a week is not...