Sunday, March 27, 2011

Jeremiah Chapter 51 verses 34 & 35

"Nebuchadrezzar the king of Babylon hath devoured me; he hath crushed me, he hath made me an empty vessel, he hath swallowed me up like a dragon, he hath filled his belly with my delicates, he hath cast me out. The violence done to me and my flesh be upon Babylon, shall the inhabitants of Zion say, and my blood upon the inhabitants of Chaldea, shall Jerusalem say". This confession, this declaration, is an important ingredient in every soul's deliverance from Babylon. Each "inhabitant of Zion", every saint being freed from religious bondage, from Satan's kingdom on earth, must clearly see and understand what Religion has done to them. They must see how horrible and ugly this spirit truly is. Through religion, Satan (the true king of Babylon) has crushed them, has devoured them, made them an empty vessel, has swallowed them up like a dragon (Jesus referred to Satan as a dragon and so does Revelations). He has filled his belly with their delicates. EVERYONE COMING OUT OF BABYLON must prophecy, must declare, loudly, "The violence done to me and my flesh be upon Babylon and my blood upon the inhabitants of Chaldea". I praise God that the souls that Satan has swallowed he will be forced to vomit up. As we look ahead to verse 44 we see God declare "I will bring forth out of his mouth that which he hath swallowed up" HALLELUJAH! The result of our confession (man shall believe in his heart and confess with his mouth to be saved), the result of our heart's cry (out of the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaks), is verse 36 to the end of the chapter. God is moved by our faith. He didn't just write all this for us to read but for us to receive the revelation of what he's revealing, the understanding of it, so we can by faith speak it back to him. He is an interactive God. Our faith in his desire and ability to deliver us moves him to the doing of it. He responds to the passionate of our hearts and tongues. It wasn't till the people of Israel "sighed by reason of the bondage, AND THEY CRIED, and their cry came up unto God by reason of the bondage" (Ex:2:23), that God sent them a deliverer. If you are content and comfortable in your bondage, you won't be delivered. It is only when people are desperate enough for it that they cry to God with all their hearts that he will respond and send deliverance. We must ache for it; we must deeply yearn for it and stop at nothing till we are free.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All are welcome to share thoughts, comments or questions.

 Part three You kept your life for yourself, never sharing it with him (again i repeat: just going to a religious service once a week is not...