Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Jeremiah chapter fifty verse fourty four

"Behold he shall come up like a lion from the swelling of Jordan unto the habitation of the strong: but I will make them suddenly run away from her: and who is a chosen man that I may appoint over her? For who is like me? And who will appoint me the time? And who is that shepherd that will stand before me?"
This verse is almost identical to Jeremiah 49:19. As I read this my heart's cry is "I will Lord, I will stand before you". He asks, "Who is like me?" I answer - "we are Lord, your covenant people, both Jew and Christian. We are being made into your image and your likeness. Hallelujah! Just as Adam and Eve were at the beginning, so shall we be at the end. I pray the chosen man he may appoint could be many end time generals he is raising up, acting as one, in one accord with the Holy Spirit and therefore with each other. Yet no one may appoint him the time - all times and seasons are in his hands. Sadly, for far too long, with the voice of the apostle and prophet silent in many a land, which means of course, his voice is silent, with his voice rebuked or ignored, God's people have this testimony - "THE STORK IN HEAVEN KNOWETH HER APPOINTED TIMES: AND THE TURTLE AND THE CRANE AND THE SWALLOW OBSERVE THE TIME OF THEIR COMING, BUT MY PEOPLE KNOW NOT THE JUDGMENT OF THE LORD. WHY THEN IS THIS PEOPLE of Jerusalem SLIDDEN BACK BY A PERPETUAL BACKSLIDING, THEY HOLD FAST DECEIT, THEY REFUSE TO RETURN, YET THEY SAY, WE ARE WISE AND THE LAW OF THE LORD IS WITH US" (IS:8:5-8). Substitute the word "Word" for "Law" in the last verse and you have a clear picture of much of the self titled Body of Christ today. Remember, the Church as we know it in much of the world is following in Israel's footsteps. Consider these passionate words from the Lord to the Jews and apply them to the majority of "christians" today, following the religious spirit and not the Lord's Spirit, for every sin Israel ever committed has been repeated by the Church- "BEHOLD, YE TRUST IN LYING WORDS THAT CANNOT PROFIT. WILL YE STEAL, MURDER, AND COMMITT ADULTERY (remember, in the New Covenant, we have only to look with lust, we have only to hate our brother or sister with our heart to committ these sins, for our covenant is a better one, written in our hearts, not outwardly on stone tablets) AND SWEAR FALSELY, AND BURN INCENSE UNTO BAAL, AND WALK AFTER OTHER GODS WHOM YE KNOW NOT; AND COME AND STAND BEFORE ME IN THIS HOUSE, WHICH IS CALLED BY MY NAME, AND SAY, WE ARE DELIVERED TO DO ALL THESE ABOMINATIONS? IS THIS HOUSE, WHICH IS CALLED BY MY NAME, BECOME A DEN OF ROBBERS IN YOUR EYES? BEHOLD, EVEN I HAVE SEEN IT, SAITH THE LORD. BUT GO YE NOW UNTO MY PLACE WHICH WAS IN SHILOH, WHERE I SET MY NAME AT THE FIRST, AND SEE WHAT I DID TO IT FOR THE WICKEDNESS OF MY PEOPLE ISRAEL. AND NOW, BECAUSE YE HAVE DONE ALL THESE WORKS, SAITH THE LORD, AND I SPAKE UNTO YOU (I sent Apostles and Prophets to you), RISING UP EARLY AND SPEAKING, BUT YE HEARD NOT; AND I CALLED YOU BUT YE ANSWERED NOT; THEREFORE WILL I DO UNTO THIS HOUSE, WHICH IS CALLED BY MY NAME, WHEREIN YE TRUST, AND UNTO THE PLACE WHICH I GAVE TO YOU AND TO YOUR FATHERS, AS I HAVE DONE TO SHILOH. AND I WILL CAST YOU OUT OF MY SIGHT AS I HAVE CAST OUT ALL YOUR BRETHREN, EVEN THE WHOLE SEED OF EPHRAIM. THEREFORE PRAY NOT FOR THIS PEOPLE, NEITHER LIFT UP CRY NOR PRAYER FOR THEM NEITHER MAKE INTERCESSION TO ME: FOR I WILL NOT HEAR THEE"(Jer:7:8-16).
I say to you this day, these verses directly apply to denominational christianity today. Yes, Lord, this house has become a den of robbers in my eyes. Oh how many churches are fleecing the people for every penny they can get, without a thought for the well fare of their souls! Oh how many people are putting their trust in their church or denomination, which is called by your name Lord, and not putting their trust in you! Psalm 78:60-64 describes what God did at Shiloh, he forsook his people there. This is the worst judgment God can pass on a nation or a people or an individual. When Jesus cried "My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me? (Mark:15:34), he was bearing the worst judgment man will ever face, that of being separated from our Father who is in Heaven, hallowed be his name. Thank God Jesus bore this judgment on the Cross and all who trust him will never have to face this. Selah.

To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment

All are welcome to share thoughts, comments or questions.

 Part three You kept your life for yourself, never sharing it with him (again i repeat: just going to a religious service once a week is not...