Wednesday, June 22, 2011

What Pappy said

Here, I tried my hand at writing a country song -

My pappy was a man
who made me understand
ya gotta work hard
and ya gotta have a plan
He didn't hesitate to give me advice
to help me make it through this life,
he'd say -
                               Save a little each week for a rainy day
                               and don't you forget to take some time to play
                               never regret it when you give your best try
                               and may your corn be knee high by the 4th of July!

Bridge -
                  Yea, my daddy he knew
                   bout a thing or two
                  He never missed a day
                   workin' that Alabama clay
                  but the thing he made sure we always had enough of
                  was our hearts filled up with a daddy's love

Yea, ya gotta work hard and ya gotta have a plan
Ya treat your woman right and she'll stand by her man
Give God his due and respect the Good Book
and always make sure the right bait's on the hook!

No comments:

Post a Comment

All are welcome to share thoughts, comments or questions.

 Part three You kept your life for yourself, never sharing it with him (again i repeat: just going to a religious service once a week is not...