Thursday, March 8, 2012

We bear these burdens in this life, the wounds, the hurt, the strife.
But you've been hurt far worse than I,
Lord, even by this heart of mine.
And far more often too.
No, my pain can never compare with you.

So I will take this wound, gladly
will I return for it my love. Sadly,
they seem to be blind to your ways,
Lord, teach them to number their days.

I know that when they reject me they reject you too.
When they won't receive my friendship they're disobeying you.
They haven't yet matured,
in the only ways that matter -
in wisdom and in a love that is pure.

I thank you God that you understand.
You've been through this as God and man.
Far more have rejected you than accepted.
It's the same today with the Apostles and Prophets.
We may be few and persecuted,
hated and despised yet we've concluded,
with you inside we can bear this pain -
for you oh Lord are our gain.

Unlike them, you never leave or forsake us.
When we desire your fellowship, you always take us.

========================================


The Holy Spirt will bring controversy and division because people will then have to make a decision. He'll expose where their hearts really are. Are they a wheat saint or a tare? Do they love the truth or really despise him? Will they choose to follow at any cost or delusion? Will they let the Holy Spirit rule from deep within? Or will they choose to follow men?

No comments:

Post a Comment

All are welcome to share thoughts, comments or questions.

 Part three You kept your life for yourself, never sharing it with him (again i repeat: just going to a religious service once a week is not...