Wednesday, June 20, 2012

My true legacy

My writings are a part of my legacy but only a part
The words that come from my mouth reveal my heart
And my actions speak louder than words
What my children have seen speaks as strongly
as what they've heard
So though I leave them the riches of my writings
I also include in my daily acumen
to hug and kiss them
and above all listen
For the proof to them of their worth to me
is when I prize and hold dear their individuality -
Who they are, who they're becoming
is truly in my sight absolutely stunning.
It makes me want to one day see
Who their children will grow up to be
for they will be
                                   my true legacy...

No comments:

Post a Comment

All are welcome to share thoughts, comments or questions.

 Part three You kept your life for yourself, never sharing it with him (again i repeat: just going to a religious service once a week is not...