Sunday, September 2, 2012

The Cross is my ark
on which I'll survive this flood of evil on the earth
It's my Lord, standing in the fire with me
that I may not be burned by the flames of Hades
It's my Moses, delivering me from evil,
excuse me, Egypt, bringing me to my promised land,
a place free from bondage to flesh (to man)
It's my David, slaying my Goliath's
on which I totally relieth,
through which I'll live and not dieth
It's my serpent in the wilderness
healing me from certain death
It's my Gideon through which,
small though I be,
I have the victory over my enemy
It's my Abraham, giving me faith
to travel to an unknown land
and there take a stand
trusting totally in God's plan
It's my prophet - take your pick
but I can hear God's voice through it
I can now swallow the Word
because my heart has heard
It's my Paul - the greatest Apostle of all -
for it bore my Jesus, the first and the last,
the bright Morning Star,
the One who surpasses all living and dead,
who wore a crown of thorns upon his head
who lived and bled
and died and lives again
and is now the Ressurection of all men
The second Adam, the rider on the white horse
who rides the thunder -
the Rose of Sharon, Israel's wonder,
the Messiah, the Christ,
the One who contains Eternal life,
who makes us all Holy and Right....

No comments:

Post a Comment

All are welcome to share thoughts, comments or questions.

 Part two If we do not "cut off and cast away" during our times of Isolation  - that which displeases and offends The Lord, then H...