Sunday, December 16, 2012

The Gift


He stood before us
He was about to speak
He was just another voice
in just another week.
To be quite honest
(because you can't hear the snoring),
Wednesday nights at our church
can get rather boring.
But the first thing he said was
pay no attention to me,
give me no mind, pay me no heed,
for I've only come, this is all, this is it,
I've only come to share with you my gift.
All you'll receive
on this Wednesday eve
is only what God has given to me.
I can take no Glory
for myself at all             for
I am a sinner - unworthy to be called
And from that moment on
he shut up and let the Lord share
And we were transformed
by such sumptuous fare
For God's words are Spirit
and they are Life
And it was His words
we dined on that night
When he stepped aside
and gave God place
Our hearts rejoiced
for the feast we ate....

No comments:

Post a Comment

All are welcome to share thoughts, comments or questions.

 I heard the Spirit say - " Isolation: Degradation or Consecration "?  He told me there are two kinds of Isolation  - one from the...