Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Some things are worth speaking of over and over again,
like the beauty of God's creation
or the warmth we feel from the love of a friend
or the joy we get from our family (hopefully)
some things are worth repeating.

So if some of my poems seem a bit redundant,
I hope you'll bear with this eager pundit,
for some things my heart is full of
like my children's laughter or my God's love.
The joy of being content
with a babbling brook or a Holy sacrament,
the peace that floods my hapless soul
causes my heart to overflow
with love and gratitude
for the One who inspires my prose.

And I don't think I'll ever stop
composing songs and poems.
Long after I've departed this earth,
long after I've gone home,
I think you'll find me quite busy
creating new works about God's glories.

Maybe only the Lord will see them
or maybe He'll share them with some of his friends.
Maybe some of them the angels will sing
or maybe they won't be worthy.........

No comments:

Post a Comment

All are welcome to share thoughts, comments or questions.

 Part three You kept your life for yourself, never sharing it with him (again i repeat: just going to a religious service once a week is not...