Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Gonna scrap my dignity
exchange it for humility
admit to the one who needs help
that is to say, myself
I'm in need
of a healthy dose of reality
I'm not the man I want to be
but change is a slow train runnin'
takin' too long waitin' for it's comin'
runnin' out of breaths to breathe
on this earth -
need change, desperately,
to escape this curse.
So Jesus please, hear my plea,
make a change on the inside of me.
Unless you do, I'm done for,
nothin' but chaff swept out the door.
So I'm sincerely seeking
just a little more tweaking,
a little more refining, if you please
I'm so far from perfected
when I'm Holy Spirit inspected
I see I'm still in dire need
to submit and take heed
for Jesus, I've fallen away from you
to such a degree.
I'm not nearly as close
as I'd like to be
I'm asking you now
won't you please help me?
By restoring our intimacy?

Being closer to you
is all I want to do
I've made my decision
to exchange programs and religion,
empty traditions
for you.
I want your presence
I want an audience
with the only One
who really matters
to me -
the One who decides my destiny........

No comments:

Post a Comment

All are welcome to share thoughts, comments or questions.

 Part three You kept your life for yourself, never sharing it with him (again i repeat: just going to a religious service once a week is not...