Thursday, October 12, 2017

Part Three


A follower of Christ in mind only and not in heart is a caterpillar -they have a form of godliness but deny the power thereof. They honor God with their lips (they sing songs to him or about him, they sit and listen to and speak sermons about him) but their hearts are far from him. Notice the order here - Love the Lord thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might. Spirit, soul than body. Heart first, always, then mind. Religious, Babylonian, apostate Christianity is of the mind only.
Engage God with your heart, embrace him whole heartedly, and become that butterfly believer He has invited you to be - Live Free! Unwrap, remove those grave clothes that stink of death and your old, sinful life and join Jesus in unending fellowship, supping and drinking together with him and others like you at his table. Never hunger or thirst again! Be fully filled and satisfied. Say with me "He brought me to his banqueting house and his banner over me was love"! He wants to become your source of pleasure forever. Say "I will seek him whom my soul loveth". And you well know - if you seek, you will find (Mt:7:7). His garden is full of his love for you, full of delights, full of delicious fruits. Invite Him now to "let my beloved come into his garden and eat his pleasant fruits". Invite him to be as intimate with you as a lover would be - let him know he is your source of pleasure - not any fleshly desire or lust. Say "my beloved is mine and I am his, I have kept myself for a time such as this. His coming is near as the dawn to my eyes, this longing of mine is soon satisfied. Come quickly, Lord Jesus, says the Spirit, says the Bride, I'll not arise complete till you draw me to your side. My God - in my heart is an all consuming fire, come quickly my beloved for it's you that I desire".

Postscript: Do not remain a caterpillar - Born-again but refusing to grow up, refusing true intimacy with God through the deep infilling of His spirit. Do not be "a little sister who has no breasts. What shall we do for our sister in the day when she shall be spoken for?
Deep calls unto Deep - yet deeper intimacy with our God cannot come without Maturity. To please and satisfy our Lord we must be able to bear Him fruit - this is, after all, the greatest gift a wife can present to her husband - children. Don't you agree our "Father which art in heaven" deserves "much fruit"? Be rather like S.O.S. 8:10 - "I am a wall and my breasts like towers: then was I in his eyes as one that found favor".

I lament that far too many are only able to drink milk, not give it. Far too many have become "such as have need of milk and not of strong meat". Far too many remain in a spiritual infancy - their churches cradles in which they are sung lullabyes week after week to keep the babies content, drinking milk and sleeping, "wherefore, let us not sleep as do others" 1 Thes:5:6 - "Awake thou that sleepest and arise from the dead and Christ shall give thee light" Eph:5:14. Be strong and of a good courage - arise and be doing your Father's will! Those who labor when the day is far spent will be paid as much as those who began at the break of day. We must all be, like Jesus, "about our Father's business" and his business is saving souls.
                                    Selah.





No comments:

Post a Comment

All are welcome to share thoughts, comments or questions.

 Part three You kept your life for yourself, never sharing it with him (again i repeat: just going to a religious service once a week is not...