Tuesday, March 13, 2018

My vision from the Lord when I was on the Sea of Galilee -
I saw the Lord walking across the water on the backs of a legion of angels. Their wings were spread wide, bowing before him. As it took my breath away he patiently explained to me - "first of all, I knew that it was not my destiny to drown in the sea of Galilee, for I knew my destiny was the Cross. So I knew my heavenly Father would do everything in his power to keep me from harm" (this is not to say we are to tempt the Lord by doing foolish things, but it is to say that if you have a word from God still unfulfilled, you can stand on that word and your faith will see you through any situation or circumstance - knowing full well God's word is sure. Peter walked on a word from the Lord, not on water per se. Jesus only went where the Father, by his spirit, led him. We do not attempt to walk on water until we hear him telling us to, then, literally, anything is possible). He showed me that day God's care and concern for us is total and complete, lacking nothing.
Talk about super powers! Imagine that you could teleport from place to place instantaneously like the X-Man Nightcrawler. The Holy Spirit can do that too! Who needs cars in the future millennial reign of Christ? "And when they were come up out of the water, the spirit of the Lord caught away Phillip, that the eunuch saw him no more". Super strength? That's in the Bible too. Think of the strength of Samson! Giants attacking? Not a problem! All you need is a tiny sling shot and a big God. Wisdom? Wisest man to ever live (until Jesus showed up) was Solomon. Now there's a lesson. See, Solomon, wisest man ever, fell into idolatry and lust because wisdom in and of itself is never enough - we need the source of all wisdom - Jesus himself, to keep us from falling
Now think about this - Jesus was a man, just like us in that he had no special powers or abilities until he was filled with the Holy Spirit without measure (Jn:3:34). There are no recorded miracles done by Jesus until after John bare record that he saw "the Spirit descending from heaven like a dove, and it abode upon him". This is one reason why his own brothers and sisters and those who grew up with him and knew him in his home town, had a hard time believing he was God's chosen Messiah. They only knew him after the flesh, not after the spirit. "Is not this the carpenter's son? Is not his mother called Mary? and his brethren, James and Joses, and Simon and Judas? and his sisters, are they not all with us?" They're such a normal family! "Whence then hath this man all these things? And they were offended in him". People who do not have the Holy Spirit anointing will always be offended by those who have him - unless they're doing a miracle to benefit them, like the loaves and fishes. Even then, they will eventually take offense. "But Jesus said unto them, A prophet is not without honor, save in his own country and in his own house". Believe me, as a prophetic apostle, I've received very little honor in my own country and hometown - it wasn't till God sent me overseas that I was recognized and honored by people, not that I seek or need honor from men - from flesh, but that when men receive me, the receive him who sent me, likewise, when they reject me, they reject him who sent me. I grieve that they miss the blessing from Father that I bring them. I grieve that they are too blind in their own conceits to see who I am in Christ, missing completely the anointing I've received from God. "And he did not man mighty works there because of their unbelief". This is one of the saddest scriptures in all the Bible, along with Paul's testimony that "at my first answer no man stood with me, but all men forsook me" II Tim:4:16. But those outside his own hometown and country received mighty miracles at his hand and by his word - he raised their dead, healed all their sick who came to him, cast out a legion of demons, walked on water (who needs to part the water when you can walk on it?), turned water into wine, passed through an angry mob intent on murdering him without a hair on his head being harmed. I mean, he would make the coolest comic book hero except for one fact - he's real and they're not!
       To be continued.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

All are welcome to share thoughts, comments or questions.

 Part three You kept your life for yourself, never sharing it with him (again i repeat: just going to a religious service once a week is not...