Thursday, April 5, 2018

God did not just create Adam and then Eve, then leave them alone to carry on with their lives, no, he sought them out for fellowship "and they heard the voice of the Lord God walking in the garden in the cool of the day". God was actually enjoying all he created, for all he created was good! He was enjoying his garden "and the Lord God planted a garden eastward in Eden", he was enjoying the day "and God said let there be light; and God called the light Day", and he was enjoying Man "and The Lord God formed Man of the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life" - So we see, our God is someone who heartily enjoys all he's created - including you and I, if we choose not to hide from him, as Adam and Eve eventually did because they paid attention to Satan's voice, which, when they did, they stopped taking heed of God's voice.
The question God asked Adam on the day he listened to Satan is a question he is asking all who hide from him - "where are you?" "Where are you my child?" "It's lonely here in paradise without you. I miss you. Where have you gone?" Of course he knew where Adam was and he knew why Adam wasn't at their daily rendezvous - just as he knows where every soul is today who is avoiding his presence. The question is rhetorical - he wants anyone not in fellowship with him to ask themselves - Where am I? Why am I hiding from Him? The answer to this single question could determine someone's eternal fate - because if you are hiding from him, especially if you are hiding your nakedness, you have lost the innocence of a child, of which Jesus said we must "receive the kingdom as a little child". A little child has no idea his nakedness is shameful because it isn't - they joyfully bathe in front of their parents or siblings and run around the house or out in the yard completely naked not giving a thought to the fact they are naked as the day they were born. If we then, hide ourselves from him, or worse, seek to cover ourselves in his presence, it's because we've listened to Satan's voice, who always instructs us in the path of disobedience to God, and as any child who disobeys his parents then comically tries to hide it, can attest, this is foolish indeed. A soul who is hiding their shame and guilt because of their sin (disobedience) is a soul still listening to Satan's voice because if they'll hear God's voice they'll hear him tell them "I've covered your sin and the shame that comes from it, I've removed all blame because I want you right back here with me."
God desires our presence - not to punish us but to enjoy us. Just as he did with Adam in the garden, he wants to walk with us in the cool of the day. As a father myself I can tell you children often seek their fathers for what they can get from them - I want this! I want them to come to me for whatever their heart desires....but the most delightful child is the one who loves just being with daddy. If we learn this truth - that our heavenly Father deeply enjoys just being with us - then we should respond by deeply enjoying just being with Him "Wait on the Lord: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the Lord." "My soul, wait only upon God." "When you said seek my face, my heart said unto thee, Thy face Lord will I seek." "I will seek him whom my soul loveth." "Seek ye the Lord while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near."
Jesus himself clearly expresses his heart to us - "Seek and ye shall find - ME!" Where are you? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

All are welcome to share thoughts, comments or questions.

 Part three You kept your life for yourself, never sharing it with him (again i repeat: just going to a religious service once a week is not...