Thursday, May 3, 2018

I've been that bruised reed.
I've been that smoking flask.
I've been so weak
I could not even ask
for what it is my heart should seek.
But you did not abandon or forsake,
you did no quench
and you did not break
me beyond repair
but you took great care
and patiently you suffered long
every wrong...

Is my soul worth that much to you?
I know the answer before I ask...
You care for the mentally ill,
and every suicidal one about to take those pills
and the lonely homosexual
knowing fleshly lusts can never satisfy
and every raped and abused one
crying out to you - why?
You care so deeply it hurts -
you see each tear
you hear their weeping
you know their fears
and You've offered to take it all upon yourself
every sin, every stain,
till all that remains
is the yoke that keeps us sane
by keeping us close to you
Oh God thank you.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

All are welcome to share thoughts, comments or questions.

 Part three You kept your life for yourself, never sharing it with him (again i repeat: just going to a religious service once a week is not...