Sunday, January 19, 2020

The greatest anointing of all is Love


The lost will never believe in the supernatural power of God until they see it demonstrated in us. Our lives must become exhibitions of God's abilities, not our own. The greatest proof of God's existence is when we demonstrate and walk in his love - a love so illogical, so abnormal, so majestic - those who encounter it cannot help but have witnessed the miraculous. All other anointings, evangelism, teaching, prophecying, healing, faith, all of it comes from the anointing to genuinely love people as God loves them. "I have declared to them your name; and will declare it: that the love wherewith you have loved me, be in them and I in them".
Paul tells us that even if we have faith to move mountains but have not love, we are nothing. This coming from the guy who used to order people to stone others to death and then stood by watching it happen. What an amazing transformation he went through!  He also tells us that even if we sell all our goods to feed the poor and even give our very lives but have not love it profits us nothing! For if we have not love, we have not God, for "God is love".
"He that says he is in the light, and hates his brother, is in darkness" "We know that we have passed from death to life, because we love the brethren. He that loveth not his brother abideth in death." And "He that loveth not knoweth not God, for God is love." So all those goats who thought they were sheep, who will stand before Jesus on that great and fearful day and say "Lord, when saw we thee hungry, or thirsty, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison and did not minister to you?" "Insomuch as ye did it not to the least of these my brethren, you did it not to me." "If a man say, I love God, and hates his brother, he is a liar: for he who loves not his brother whom he has seen, how can he love God whom he has not seen?"
The sheep and the goats are the wheat and the tares Jesus spoke of. All of them believe they are God's offspring but only those who love and are motivated purely by love are truly his.
Let's modernise Paul's sermon a bit - "If i build great, grandiose cathedrals, or massive, million dollar buildings, but have not love, it profits me nothing. If I go to church, three times a week my entire life and if i give my tithe and offerings faihfully and obey all my pastor tells me to do, but i have not love, I am nothing, I am a goat, I am a tare and Jesus will say "Depart from ME for I don't know you. You never knew the One you sang songs to and sat and heard messages about. Your love never transcended the emotional, soulish love the world practices and became the kind of love God practices...a love that is sacrificial, that sacrifices everything, indeed our very lives.

I hate religion.  I pray that it will all crumble and fall, that the Dam will burst asunder and the captives will be set free. Thus saith the Lord - "That which they depend on will fail them."

No comments:

Post a Comment

All are welcome to share thoughts, comments or questions.

 Part three You kept your life for yourself, never sharing it with him (again i repeat: just going to a religious service once a week is not...