Thursday, May 14, 2020

Rewire me


I can't overcome my enemies
till I've been overcome completely
I can't live until I've died.
No, I can't defeat my enemy
till I've defeated me                     inside

I have to win this war on the inside.

This war is ancient
This war is new
This war is ever present
within me and you.
This war will not stop
till I've died to self,
given all I've got
to my Savior who keeps me from hell.
The battlefield is my soul
but my only defence is to bow low
before my commander-in-chief
who pardons me to my great relief...

Rewire me Lord
Inspire me Lord
To obey is better than sacrafice
The prodigal son's older brother got it right
(except he should have rejoiced when his brother came back to the light)
Rewire me - teach me to be -  like Christ

No comments:

Post a Comment

All are welcome to share thoughts, comments or questions.

 Part two If we do not "cut off and cast away" during our times of Isolation  - that which displeases and offends The Lord, then H...