Saturday, June 25, 2022

 When lovers touch each other -  they expect a reaction.  They expect a response. When i kiss my wife, i expect her to kiss me back. Love is always best expressed with actions, with touch, words alone will never do. Intimacy involves touching, and giving and receiving pleasure from one another's touch. And God is no different.  If we only SAY we love Him, but do not touch Him, and let Him touch us, we are not His lovers. Intimacy- Into Me, see? As two lovers become one flesh, so must we become one spirit with our most intimate God. Jesus cpmplained "Thou gavest me no kiss" oh may our testimony not be thus! Rather may our testimony be "but this woman since the time i came in has not ceased to kiss my feet". I imagine that display of affection made the Pharisees very uncomfortable- as does any real intimacy with God today make religious leadership very uncomfortable. I want to treat Jesus, from the time he comes in (to my heart) thie way this woman did! How many of us, when the Lord enters our hearts, treat Him poorly,  keep Him in the foyer, and only acknowledge Him when we need something from Him?

I want to lie still before Him, as He sits on the Throne of my heart, and kiss his feet and anoint them with my tears. I want to do this, not just privately-  but publicly as she did, i don't care who sees and knows i love him so dearly! I want Him to say this of me  - "His sins, which are many, are forgiven, for he loved much!" I want to be known as one who loves much! By Jesus and by people he sends me to. I want to "Kiss the Son, lest He be angry". When He touches me, i want to respond to His touch, by drawing nearer to Him, not retreat from Him. I want to say with Solomon this epitome of wisdom - this apex of all we are and should  be - "Let Him kiss me with the kisses of His mouth, for your love is better than wine" "Draw me, i will run after you. The King has brought me into His chambers (bed)", i want Him to "lie all night betwixt my breasts" in my heart, which is much more intimate than physical intimacy. Spiritual intimacy is much deeper than physical.  
I want to "sit down under His shadow with great delight, and His fruit is sweet to my taste". I want Him to bring me to His banqueting house where His banner over me is love. I want my heart to be His personal banqueting house,  where we sup together daily, just the two of us, a table for two -  "His left hand is under my head, and His right hand does embrace me" and when He holds me there, i want to embrace Him back, i want to respond to His touch in like manner. 

The reward of drawing near to Him, with the intent of pleasing Him, as His lover, is to hear Him say - "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away". "Then we which are alive and remain (deeply in love with Him) shall be caught up to Him in the clouds, to meet our Lord in the air, and so shall we ever be with the Lord". I want to see Him, i want to hear His voice "let me see thy countenance,  let me know thy voice, for sweet is thy voice and thy countenance is comely", (attractive and fair to look upon).

I cannot bear to seek Him and find Him not. I will cling to Him fiercely- i will not leave Him or forsake Him. When "I found Him whom my soul loves, i held Him, and would not let Him go. Until the day break, and the shadows flee away, i will get me to the mountain of Myrrh - and to the hill of Frankincense. My love is fair", there is no spot in Him, He is without spot or blemish. He has ravished my heart. He has captured my heart completely.  "Let my beloved come into His garden, and eat His pleasant fruits. I sleep but my heart is awake - it is the voice of my beloved that knocks, saying open to me, my love, my dove, my undefiled  - Behold, i stand at the door and knock, if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come into him and will sup with him, and he with me. HOW FAIR AND HOW PLEASANT ARE YOU - O LOVE, FOR DELIGHTS! I AM MY BELOVED'S AND HIS DESIRE IS TOWARDS ME! MAKE HASTE MY BELOVED! COME!   SURELY I COME QUICKLY.  AMEN. EVEN SO, COME, LORD JESUS." 

Our two hearts have become one. Our love will remain strong, forever. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

All are welcome to share thoughts, comments or questions.

 Part three You kept your life for yourself, never sharing it with him (again i repeat: just going to a religious service once a week is not...