Friday, November 4, 2022

 I don't want to be famous on earth. I do want to be famous in Heaven. I want my Jesus to be famous on earth for something other than being the One the world's biggest religion is founded on. That does not honor him at all. The Gospel of the Kingdom-  healing the sick, casting out devils, making disciples, saving souls - these things are what i want him to be famous for. For his love, for the reality of his existence-  for his authority and power.  I want his name to be respected and revered. I want to see miracles-  greater than any the Lord himself performed. But when i see them, when i personally perform them -  i want all glory and honour to go to him. I don't want people to be able to even see me through the cloud of glory that surrounds me when i stand to minister. I want them so consumed and caught up in him they don't notice me. I'm the vessel -  he is what gives the vessel honour. The vessel, in and of itself,  is empty and desolate-  though it may look so good on the outside,  without the presence of, the sweet fragrance of,  the anointing of the One who made it -  it avails nothing. If we're not full of him, we're puffed up and full of sin. I really do want my life to be given in sacrifice to the One who sacrificed himself for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All are welcome to share thoughts, comments or questions.

 Part two If we do not "cut off and cast away" during our times of Isolation  - that which displeases and offends The Lord, then H...