Friday, May 5, 2023

 The Lord suddenly spoke to me the other day. He opened the eyes of my understanding once again.  He showed me there's a difference between loving someone and being in love with them. Many love Me, he said, but they're not in love with Me. The difference is enormous.  Many love Me for what I do, did, or will do for them, but to be in love with Me is to want me for me - for who I am, not what I can do. He ponted out, he's not condemning those who love Him, indeed,  they are accepted in the beloved. Loving Him for what He can do, will do for us is a perfect response.  It's just that those in love with me give me their very lives in sacrifice....they love me with all their hearts, regardless of outward circumstances. These sing to me the song of songs, these have an undivided passion for me that burns hotter as the day of my return approaches. These abide in my secret place, and will behold me face to face forever. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

All are welcome to share thoughts, comments or questions.

 Part three You kept your life for yourself, never sharing it with him (again i repeat: just going to a religious service once a week is not...