Tuesday, November 14, 2023

 O love,  O love, reign supreme over me!
 I'll love no other, Lord, more than Thee!
O love, O love -  my heart you're conquering   -
Wherever you lead  - I'm willing. 

Neither wife, nor children, 
nor mother, or father,
will I love more than You.
Neither possessions or things
or sister or brother
will I give my affection to.

and this Truth above all
I will hold most dear  -
for this truth in my heart
has no peer  -

I love not my own life
but give it in sacrifice, 
I will follow You, Lord,
wherever You lead,
For no one else but You my Christ 
allowed himself to bleed        for me

So love, reign over me,
no other will I hold
in higher esteem.
My life     is too small a price
to give to you in sacrifice   -
compared with what You've given me.

O Lord, reign over me.
I forsake all I have,
I abandon all I am
That I might be
Your disciple and not man's. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

All are welcome to share thoughts, comments or questions.

 Part three You kept your life for yourself, never sharing it with him (again i repeat: just going to a religious service once a week is not...