Monday, March 15, 2010

Interstate 84

Here where the clouds kiss the mountains
His mercies they forever surround us
His Breath is upon us and within us lives His Joy
No more can Death contain us – our sin He did destroy


Now Love has filled His Temple
Now Love exacts His Toll
Here where the clouds kiss the mountains
My Lord has kissed my soul
Here where the clouds kiss the mountains
My heart His heart enfolds


S.O.S. 4:9










I used to live in Waterbury Connecticut but I worked in Fishkill, New York at the TBN TV station there. I loved the drive back and forth in my 280zx, a gift from my wonderful friend and mentor, Daniel Warner. Often, the view was so breathtaking I would pull over to the side of the road to worship. It was during one of these “worship breaks” that I wrote this poem, hence the title “Interstate 84”.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All are welcome to share thoughts, comments or questions.

 Part three You kept your life for yourself, never sharing it with him (again i repeat: just going to a religious service once a week is not...