Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Beleaguered, battered and broken and torn
Scattered and shattered, ridiculed and scorned
Attacked and berated and wanting our death
Though all forsake us, still we will confess –

You my Father are Faithful and True
You my Father will carry me through
Though I’m imperfect and fail time after time
You’ll never stop holding this weak heart of mine
Forever our hearts will be intertwined

You’ll love me and keep me though no one else will
I’ll rest in my knowledge of You
and be still….


Psa:46:8
2 Cor:12:15








When God says “Be still and know that I am God” it’s sometimes because He has us on an operating table – the altar of His Will, and during surgery we must be very still…. At other times it’s because He’s invited us to abide under His shadow, beneath His skirts (see Eze:16:8), as His lover, like Boaz covered Ruth when she lay still before him. Be still and know me as a wife knows her husband. If we don’t enter into this place of intimacy with Him, He’ll one day say “depart from Me, I never knew you”. He “Knows” all of us with His head but does He know us, does He have us, in His heart? Are we intimate with Him? This is why He speaks to us with a “still, small voice”, a whisper in other words, because we can only hear a whisper by being close to the one who is whispering!

No comments:

Post a Comment

All are welcome to share thoughts, comments or questions.

 Part two If we do not "cut off and cast away" during our times of Isolation  - that which displeases and offends The Lord, then H...