Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Psalm 23

The Lord is my Shepherd
The Keeper of my record
I shall not want
He also protects me from my enemies’ taunts
He makes me to lie down in green pastures
He keeps me, He loves me, forever after
He leads me beside the still waters
And He’s given me three lovely and anointed daughters
He restores my soul
and doesn’t quit until I am whole
He leads me in the paths of Righteousness
Insuring that I’ll be Eternally Blessed
For His Name’s sake
I am able to partake
Of the Holy Spirit’s fellowship
Oh what an awesome benefit!
Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death
I will never be left comfortless
I will fear no evil, nay, evil will fear me
For the Lord He protects me and that right gladly
Because He is with me I am comforted by His staff and rod
I will go nowhere that He hasn’t first trod
The Lord prepares a table before me in the presence of my enemies
He sets me as a jewel in His crown and shows me off with glee
He anoints my head with oil – I cease from my own toils
My cup runs over and over and over
I am continually filled by the steadfast touch of my lover
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life
After all, this is my royal birthright
I will cease from my own labours
By His Spirit I will rest and be refreshed
He treats me as His Bride
I will in the House of the Lord, evermore abide. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All are welcome to share thoughts, comments or questions.

 Part three You kept your life for yourself, never sharing it with him (again i repeat: just going to a religious service once a week is not...