Thursday, July 11, 2013

A sky as blue as my daughter's eyes
That distant peak seeks to tantalize
A two week trek in a wilderness
so breath-taking I'll never forget
the greatest adventure yet
for this sixteen year old
was to join in a journey called "Project Bold"

We hiked and we climbed Hitler's eagle's nest,
then we hiked some more barely pausing to rest.
We built a foot-bridge of heavy logs,
up and down forest trails we slogged.
At 5am we swam in a stream
so cold it was hard not to scream.
They air dropped supplies on the go.
I spent four days doing a "solo".
I slept in a cave
near a mountain stream in which I bathed.
I climbed a glacier, nearly lost my life
and I climbed the Watzman on a spiritual high!

But the greatest adventure of all
is daily following Christ....

No comments:

Post a Comment

All are welcome to share thoughts, comments or questions.

 Part three You kept your life for yourself, never sharing it with him (again i repeat: just going to a religious service once a week is not...