Monday, May 5, 2014

I didn't realize how strong I was...
Didn't realize the impression I could make on my child
could be so permanent, so lasting.
Physically - I could easily crush her
but now I see how easily
I could crush her emotions, her spirit, too.

A constant attention to her flaws,
would bruise her soul.
Or worse -
                      ignoring her completely
                     even when she speaks to me,
                        she shares her heart
                            and I
                                     I don't hear a word she's saying
                              not even realizing I am slaying
          the thread of love
                that binds our hearts
                    proving how,    after all,
                                      I'm not so smart.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

All are welcome to share thoughts, comments or questions.

 Part three You kept your life for yourself, never sharing it with him (again i repeat: just going to a religious service once a week is not...