Friday, April 22, 2016

One question I've been asking myself, more and more and more -
Now that I'm in my sixth decade, am I worth dying for?
Am I a man Jesus is glad to have given his life for?
Am I living up to the standards I set for myself when I was a young(er) man?
Am I someone I would die for?
Because I need to die so I may live -
I need to humbly give the rest of my days to the only One who can truly save.
I need to surrender my heart with all it's wicked ways
to the mighty One true and brave,
who came to this earth to free the slaves,
of whom I am chief,
full of unbelief,
of little faith
and a heart that strays,
oh Lord it's this I daily pray,
more and more and more -
may I one day be a son worth dying for....


No comments:

Post a Comment

All are welcome to share thoughts, comments or questions.

 I heard the Spirit say - " Isolation: Degradation or Consecration "?  He told me there are two kinds of Isolation  - one from the...