Friday, January 5, 2018

I saw tall trees
surrounded by dead leaves.
Life and death
joined in intimacy.
Cities
full of dead, walking.
Death stalking.
True life rare.
I couldn't help but stare.
So few aware,
as smoke filled the sky
tears filled my eyes
as I realized
Man at the last...
bound to his past.
No understanding
could be found
in city or in town.
Voice of Truth drowned
in a cacophony of noise
all meant to destroy.
Blind and deaf,
men's souls were bereft
of the Truth that frees them.
Oh how I long for the Freedom
they could have known
but filthiness is all they've sown,
eternal blessings ignored...
I'm sailing for another shore....

No comments:

Post a Comment

All are welcome to share thoughts, comments or questions.

 Part two If we do not "cut off and cast away" during our times of Isolation  - that which displeases and offends The Lord, then H...