Wednesday, January 17, 2018

I used to struggle with preparing sermons before I spoke before "governors and kings", in other words God's people - a nation of kings and priests, until the Lord rebuked me by saying "stop working so hard on preparing sermons and work on preparing your heart". He told me it's a waste of time to prepare a sermon if my heart isn't  right before the Lord. Keeping my heart pure is far more important than impressing people with how much I know.
"For whom the Lord loveth  He chasteneth and scourgeth every son whom he recieveth". "My son despise not the chastening of the Lord nor faint when thou art rebuked of him". "As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore and repent". Be zealous! Israel had a zeal for God but not according to knowledge, Paul testifies but I testify that the Church of today (who think they've replaced Israel) had knowledge of God but no zeal. They are zealous for a great many things but not for Him! For his very presence in their midst. "For they being knowledgeable of God's righteousness", (still) go about to establish their own righteousness". This is a worse sin than Israel's for they were ignorant while the Church is not! The churches of today, the vast amount of denominations "have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God", saith the Lord, "for Christ is the end of the Law for righteousness to every one that believeth". Yet the churches have made God's New Testament into another form of Law that brings bondage to God's people, not the freedom he died (and lives) to give them. The Word has been reduced to a set of doctrines to be believed in and followed, rather than a person - the person of Jesus Christ himself. Get that - he calls Himself the Word - so we don't get caught up in following words but in following Him!
"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God and the Word was God". "And the Word was made flesh and dwelt among us" - and now dwells in us! So yes, we imbibe the Word written but it is meant to bring us to The WORD HIMSELF - JESUS, that we may commune with Him forevermore, world without end, Selah. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

All are welcome to share thoughts, comments or questions.

 I heard the Spirit say - " Isolation: Degradation or Consecration "?  He told me there are two kinds of Isolation  - one from the...