Saturday, June 30, 2018

Like Jesus, I will not receive the honor that comes from men - If I receive accolades from man, I put myself either above them or below them - both should be avoided regarding honor. Regarding servanthood, I should esteem them more highly than myself (as David did Saul) but I do not wish for them to esteem me more highly. Truly, I desire the honor that can only come from God for His honor does not exalt the flesh in any way. Beware of men's flattery, for it will subtly work it's way into your heart till you (inwardly) accept the place of honor they bestow upon you (outwardly). They will give you a platform, raised above everyone else, signifying that you are above them in wisdom, in God's calling and in the ministry He's called you to. They will offer to become your servants, they will name a special day in your honor and they will joyfully submit to you - while never submitting to God, never seeking to serve Him, never becoming His followers, only yours. They will believe and will convince you that their service to you and submission to your will is sufficient and indeed shows true godly character and sacrifice and humility. They will measure themselves with you and they will hold you up as the standard for godliness that all other's in the church must strive to live up to. They will follow your words, your teachings - never seeking to hear His words themselves - for they will convince you that your mouth is the only one God uses to speak to them You will come to believe you alone are essential to the life of the fellowship. You will come to believe that you alone are wise enough to decide which doctrines the people must believe and which are false. Apart from you, from your approval, they can do nothing, In this you will become as God to the people and they love to have it so (Jer:5:31).
You will embrace all of this, all the while convincing yourself it is God's will for His sheep....after all, you're their shepherd....but no shepherd has ever put sheep in charge of the flock, and no sheep has ever fed other sheep. When Jesus told Peter to "feed my sheep", he meant, "let me feed my sheep through you", hence, Peter ended up writing two books of the New Testament. Our one and only shepherd is and always has been Jesus himself - "I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine". A good sheep knows his shepherds voice and another they will not follow. They certainly will not follow the voice of another sheep - "I am the good shepherd; the good shepherd giveth his life for his sheep". "But he that is an hireling, and not the shepherd, whose own the sheep are not..." hear that? The sheep belong to Jesus and Him alone - they are not the pastor's nor any other man's flock - they are God's. "And I will set up one shepherd over them, and he shall feed them, even My servant David, he shall feed them, and he shall be their shepherd" (EZ:34:23).
Learn this lesson - Pastor's are not the shepherds. They are sheep who have learned to follow THE SHEPHERD, Jesus, so that others may learn to follow Him too. By following their example. "Follow my example, as I follow the example of Christ" (1 Cor:11:1).

Part two coming soon...  

No comments:

Post a Comment

All are welcome to share thoughts, comments or questions.

 Part three You kept your life for yourself, never sharing it with him (again i repeat: just going to a religious service once a week is not...