Friday, February 28, 2020

I vs. Me (old man vs..new)


In English, there are rules and there are conventions. For instance, the verb must agree with the subject. He say just won't do! But sometimes the abnormal becomes normal because of reason of use - so many people say it wrong, it becomes right (in their eyes). Like "I'm good" instead of the correct "I'm well". Should you say "you and I are getting together later" or "you and me are getting together later'? The answer is "you and me" but so many people say "you and I" it sounds normal and right while the right way sounds wrong!
This also happens in churches when a "tradition of man" or a "doctrine of devils" is introduced and soon everyone starts believing it or doing it. Soon it spreads to other churches then gets passed down to the next generation until what's wrong becomes right, in their eyes.
"In those days there was no king in Israel: every man did that which was right in his own eyes".
In these days there in no King (Jesus) in the churches, every denomination is doing what is right in their own eyes.
"You shall not do after all the things that we do here this day, every man whatsoever is right in his own eyes".
We need to do what is right in the Lord's eyes, not our own. We need the Holy Spirit's perspective on every thing we teach and do. We need to lay down all our traditions and teachings at His feet and let the wind of His Spirit blow away all the chaff, that which produces death in us. As Jesus prayed, so should we....not my (our) will, but thine be done, Father. Amen.
I'm crying out to the Father for his kingdom to come to earth, in me, in all it's fullness, all it's miraculous glory...but His kingdom will only come when His will is being done. Complete surrender to His will is vital to the ushering in of His Kingdom's glory. I wont see the miracles I'm asking for till I am fully surrendered to Him, amen. He wants His will to be done on earth as it is in heaven because his will is to bless us. His will is to prosper us. His will is to prepare us to live with him forever. This life is our dress rehearsal for eternity. His will is to love us, abundantly, passionately, with nothing held back from us. Do you wish to be loved that completely? Can you receive that kind of love? Can you let him sweep you off your feet? Can you let the river of his presence sweep you deeper into him than you've ever been before? Until there is no returning to the life you once knew?
This world is rapidly fading from my view. I get Rich Mullin's title now for his album "The world as best as I remember it".....the higher up the mountain you go, the more the land far below fades from view, hallelujah! Someone once said "don't be so heavenly minded you're no earthly good" but I say be as heavenly minded as possible, for then you'll do the earth the most good! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

All are welcome to share thoughts, comments or questions.

 Part three You kept your life for yourself, never sharing it with him (again i repeat: just going to a religious service once a week is not...