Friday, October 14, 2022

 "Thou will keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on Thee"

I would like to pause for a moment and let thar phrase "perfect peace" sink in. Meditate on it. I love that wording. My spirit kind of leaps within me when I think about it.  Because I don't think it's attainable in the world. It can't be found anywhere else but in Christ,  our Prince of Peace.  Think about every movie you've ever seen - every TV show, every book you've ever read - they all revolve around conflict. Some kind of conflict.  From the dictionary-

CONFLICT - To come into collision or disagreement; be contradictory,  at variance or in opposition,  clash. To fight or contend, do battle.  Incompatibility,  discord of action.

It's both a verb and a noun and it permeates the World through and through.  " But the wicked are like the troubled sea, when it cannot rest, whose waters cast up mire and dirt. There is no peace, saith my God, to the wicked"

"Wicked"  are not simply those who do evil but also those who do not do good. But beyond good and evil, the wicked are they who choose not to be in right relationship with God, who declare in their hearts "No, God" and "I am good" without Christ, who basically say they don't need Him or want Him. The "peace that passes all understanding" can only be known  by those in right relationship with God.  Every story the World produces has conflict because that's all they know. "Perfect Peace" would be boring to them (as entertainment) but to me it's incredibly exciting.  The world invites conflict because of their pride. When, in their endless stories, good overcomes evil, it's always through man's ingenuity, strength or wisdom,  or through a fictional personage man created. It stokes their pride to think they are "good" - victorius without Christ, which every Christian knows is impossible.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

All are welcome to share thoughts, comments or questions.

 I heard the Spirit say - " Isolation: Degradation or Consecration "?  He told me there are two kinds of Isolation  - one from the...