Friday, October 27, 2023

 Some people are addicted to avoiding The Lord's presence. It's a habit they can't seem to break. Entire denominations have sprung up that are happy to cater to these people.  They like to make a public spectacle of their love and devotion to God  -  but inwardly their hearts are far from Him. They take soulish comfort in their religion but they despise His actual presence in their midst. They do all they can to avoid Him. No matter what He does to arrange a date, they find an excuse  -

"Say to them that are bidden, Come; for all things are now ready. AND THEY ALL WITH ONE CONSENT BEGAN TO MAKE EXCUSE.  The first said to him, I have bought a piece of ground, and I need to go and see it, I pray you have me excused. And another said - I have bought five yoke of oxen, and I go to prove them, I pray you have me excused.  And another said, I have married a wife, and therefore I cannot come"

The three excuses given are significant.  The "ground" the man boought represents our flesh, and the price many pay for following their fleshly lusts and desires is their very souls. The oxen represent self, i.e. things bought with money to appease ourselves and the wife represents ministry...many avoid the Lord using ministry as an excuse...i can't come to You Lord but i have a good excuse: I'm ministering to the wife You gave me. I'm fulfilling the ministry call YOU placed on my life! They forget, He must have the preeminence in all our relationships.  What's your excuse? Does your home or land (possessions) keep you from following Him? Does something you've bought need your care and attention to the point it's causing you to ignore the Holy Spirit? Does your spouse prevent you from following Christ? From being intimate with Him? How about children? Parents?

"If any man come to Me, and hate not his father and mother, and wife, and children,  and brethren and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple"

Do you love HIM above all others and all else? Including yourself? All affections, all desires,  all loves you have must bow before Him and be cast down at His feet. Our love for Him must reign supreme in our hearts - your time and your tongue will reveal who you're in love with.

"Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away. My beloved is mine and I am his. I WILL SEEK HIM WHOM MY SOUL LOVES and I won't rest till I find him. I will bind his love to my heart. I will make haste, for my beloved is mine and his desire is toward me".




No comments:

Post a Comment

All are welcome to share thoughts, comments or questions.

 Part three You kept your life for yourself, never sharing it with him (again i repeat: just going to a religious service once a week is not...