Thursday, January 25, 2024

I've had a song echoing around in the back of my spirit for a few days now.  It's "MEET ME HALFWAY" by Kenny Loggins. Even now, I can hear him belting out the chorus. 
I finally just now realized  - God is speaking to me, through the words of this song. So I looked them up  - eagerly anticipating my Father to speak to me  - they didn't disappoint! What a beautiful word from God to me, very encouraging...

MEET ME HALFWAY 

In a lifetime 
made of memories 
I believe in destiny
Every moment returns again in time
When I've got the future on my mind
Know that you'll be the only one

Meet me halfway 
Across the sky (reminds me of the rapture)
Out where the world belongs
To only you and i (new heaven and new earth)
Meet me halfway 
Across the sky
Make this a new beginning (behold, i make all things new)
of another life (the glorious eternal life to come...the promise of the Father)

In a lifetime 
There is only love reaching for the lonely one
We are stronger when we are given love
When we put emotions on the line,
know that we are the timeless ones

Meet me halfway 
Across the sky
Out where the world belongs
To only you and I

Meet me halfway 
Across the sky
Make this a new beginning 
of another life

Oh how this song ministers to me!
I'd heard it before but always thought it was from a guy to his lover, but now i think it's the cry of God's heart to me, to meet Him in the sky now, not just at the rapture...and oh how i need a new beginning,  a new life, here in 2024. I am the "lonely one" who needs to be given love  - and i am one of God's "timeless ones" praise God! 

"And they that be wise shall shine as the brightness of the firmament; and they that turn many to righteousness (are) as the stars for ever and ever"

No comments:

Post a Comment

All are welcome to share thoughts, comments or questions.

 Part three You kept your life for yourself, never sharing it with him (again i repeat: just going to a religious service once a week is not...