Thursday, April 11, 2024

 Nothing is beyond You,
  beyond Your reach.
Nothing is beyond You  -
   not even me.
If Heaven is Your throne 
 and the earth Your footstool (Isaiah 66:1)
There's nowhere i can go
  Where You can't find this wretched fool.

If i make my bed in hell
  behold,  You are there.
If i run from You as well, 
  still my life is laid bare
before the eyes of Him
  with whom i have to do -
For nothing,  and no one 
is beyond You. 

The city can be a wilderness 
  void of pity or kindness 
Still  - in the midst of so much death,
        You are there,
Patiently waiting for me to care
  enough about myself 
  to reach out for Your help:
For this i know to be true  -
Oh Lord, nothing is beyond You!
No sin or circumstance 
keeps You from holding back
Your invitation for me to dance
In the sweet intimacy of Your divine romance...
Oh lover of my soul,
who dearly loves me
more than I'll ever know.

May these meager words
take flight within my heart
And bear forth this truth  -
We will never part,
for no matter what i do
I'm never so far from You
That i need to be
                                    rescued

No comments:

Post a Comment

All are welcome to share thoughts, comments or questions.

 Because David's heart smote him, Saul's wrath never did.   For David's wrath was directed against himself  -    while Saul'...