Tuesday, February 7, 2023

The Lord is now teaching me about feelings. When my children were young, they felt safe when they were in my presence-  sometimes they would climb on my lap and cuddle with my strong arms wrapped around them. They were content and happy to know someone much bigger than them and much stronger, was so gentle with them: he used his strength to protect and provide for them. They called him daddy.

As they grew, they grew more and more confident in their own strength and did not feel the need to rest in daddy's presence as often. They began to engage me with their minds more than their hearts -  but they knew they were loved just as much when they weren't in my presence.  Now that we're living apart -  i hope they still know this today. 

I love to FEEL my Father's presence.  Iblove feeling the peace that passes all understanding.  But if i don't "feel" Him, i am still confident that He loves me. I trust Him. I believe Him when He says "I will never leave you, nor forsake you". He is ever with me, whether i feel Him or not. My heart is now His "Holy of Holies", ever more to be -
our private place of intimacy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

All are welcome to share thoughts, comments or questions.

 Part three You kept your life for yourself, never sharing it with him (again i repeat: just going to a religious service once a week is not...